Activities performed March 1st to 31st 2015.
- Trenching and installation of the drip irrigation system: About 2,600 linear meters of trenching were dug and at the same time the pipes and irrigation buttons were installed. Approximately 90% of the farm now has this system installed.
- Pest control: CLOROPIRIFOS was applied to 8,000 coconut plants; no threat of pests was report.
- BIO-GREEN fertilization: 24,000 coconut plants in the nursery were fertilized with BIO-GREEN and substrate to stimulate growth.
- Shade trimming: Trimming was performed, so the plants will receive the sun they need, allowing them to develop well.
- Maintenance and irrigation to the coconuts plants: Maintenance and irrigation was performed on 8,000 coconut plants already sown in the farm.
- Fire vigilance: Due to high temperatures there is always someone taking care of the farm at night to prevent any fire from threatening sown plants or those in the nurseries. No threat of fire was reported.
- Inspection: Inspection of every single plant was made in order to rule out any pest threat.
|Activities performed||Man/Days Work||Linear Meters||Amount of Plants||Area worked|
|Pipes and irrigation buttons installation||100||2,600||Throughout|
|Maintenance and irrigation to coconuts plants||120||8,000||Throughout|
|Night Fire Vigilance||240||From 201 to 219|
|Plants inspection||96||8,000||From 201 to 219|