Activities performed February 1st to 28th 2015
- Trenching: 1,200 linear meters of trenches were dug and the drip irrigation system inserted.
- Irrigation: Irrigation was run to 8,000 coconuts plants. About 130 acres were irrigated with this new drip system while the remaining land was watered by hand using buckets labor.
- Pipe installation and irrigation: About 2,400 linear meters of pipes and irrigation buttons were installed. These pipes reached about 40% of the sown plants.
- Nursery maintenance & irrigation: 24,000 plants in the nursery received maintenance and irrigation work getting them ready for the 2015 planting season.
- Shade tree trimming: Trimming was performed, so the plants will receive the sun they need, allowing them to develop well.
- BIO-GREEN fertilization: About 40 sacks of BIO-GREEN (100% organic fertilizer), plus substrate, were used on the nursery plants to stimulate their germination and growth.
- Pest control: Every sown plant had CLOROPIRIFOS applied to provide pest control.
|Activities performed||Man/Days work||Linear meters||Amount of plants||Area worked|
|Irrigation to 8000 coconuts plants||120||8,000||Throughout|
|Pipes and irrigation buttons installation||96||2,400||Throughout|
|Maintenance and irrigation to the nursery plants||72||24,000||Nursery|