Activity report for Selva Cristalina. February 2015.
- Paulownias irrigation: Irrigation to all paulownias was performed. This work used a total of 295 men during the month of Feb. No threat of plant disease or forest fire was reported in the area.
- Shade trimming: Shade trimming was performed using a total of 143 men, similar numbers to the previous month.
- Fire preventions rounds: Fire rounds were made to prevent forest fires in the plantations. Temperatures of about 33° Celsius were registered in the month. No threat of fire was reported.
- Land clearance: A total of 80 acres were cleared where the 2015 planting will take place.
- Chainsaw work: 20 acres of chainsaw work was performed in order to prepare the area for the 2015 planting season.
- Trail maintenance and new road openings with the bulldozer: 5 km of new roads were built with the bulldozer in order to have easier access to the farm through the near-by town. It was made because Belen’s entrance is difficult to access in rainy season. 600 meters of public road were fixed and maintenance to 7 km of existing road in the farm was performed.
- Nursery bag filling: A total 66,000 bags with topsoil were filled up to go in to the nursery of pochote (spiny cedar) and mahogany for the 2015 planting season.
|Activities performed||Men||Area Acre||Road work||Nursery bags filling|
|Irrigation to 11,000.00 Paulownias||295|
|Land clearance (veneer)||80|
|New road build (bulldozer work)||5|
|Road maintenance (bulldozer work)||7|
|Bag nursery filling (2015 plantation)||66,600|